Volunteers for Massachusetts Citizens for Children can choose to participate in a variety of ways to support the mission of the organization and the work of its programs. These include:
- Serving on the Board of Directors or as an ad hoc member of the Program Committee or the Income Development Committee;
- Serving as a member of one of MassKids' coalitions, including:Participating in certified Training of Trainers program on child sexual abuse prevention and providing subsequent free community trainings for professionals and parents;
- the Coalition to Reform Sex Abuse Laws;
- on countywide Shaken Baby Syndrome Prevention Task Forces;
- Provide translation services for MassKids by translating SBS/AHT Prevention materials into other languages (currently English, Spanish and Portuguese are already available).
- Promoting, marketing and selling MassKids program and fundraising products including:
- SBS brochures, and three training tools for hospitals, professionals and parents;
- "It's Not Just Jenna" child sexual abuse prevention training tools for schools, churches, youth-serving organizations and other community groups;
- Paul Shea original paintings and reproductions of Red Sox and Patriots State House prints;
- Celtics prints with original Red Auerbach signatures;
- "It's Only Fair that Each Child Be Cherished" serigraph originals by Corita;
- Kid Pins.
Please contact MassKids for more information at 617-742-8555.