We Couldn't Do This Without You
MassKids, (Massachusetts Citizens for Children) is a 60-year old charity with an impressive track record of improving the lives of Massachusetts’ most vulnerable children. We rely on the financial support of concerned citizens like you to ensure the right of every child to a safe and healthy childhood, free from the devastating and often lifelong consequences of child abuse.
This year, the CARES Act provides an opportune time to donate to MassKids, as there are additional tax incentives for all taxpayers, regardless of whether or not you itemize your deductions. To read more about how the CARES act may impact your gift planning, please click here.
Join the Movement to prevent child abuse today! Your generous tax deductible donation will help us:
- Educate more schools and youth organizations about child sexual abuse prevention and how to strengthen their prevention policies and practices
- Help youth safely identify and navigate the growing risks of online sexual exploitation
- Engage individuals everywhere to take specific pledges to prevent child sexual abuse through our unique "Pledge to Prevent™"action campaign;
- Work to ensure passage of Massachusetts legislation that would provide justice for survivors of childhood sexual abuse, accountability for abusers, and protection for more children;
- Provide technical assistance to our Enough Abuse Campaign sites in Massachusetts, New Jersey, Maryland, New York, Nevada, Maine, South Dakota, and to our international partners in Nigeria and in Sierra Leone;
- Make our trainings and educational materials on “Abusive Head Trauma/Shaken Baby Syndrome Prevention” available to hospitals, health care providers and new parents to reduce infant deaths and disabilities.
Ways to Support MassKids
Donate by Credit Card Online
It’s easy and quick to donate online today.
One-time and monthly recurring gifts are welcome.
Give Through Paypal:
Mail a check:
Massachusetts Citizens for Children
112 Water Street, Suite 204
Boston, MA 02109
Give a Matching Gift or Give Through Workplace Payroll Deduction
Many companies match donations, sometimes doubling the impact of your donation. Click here for a partial list of these companies or check with your employer to see if they have a payroll deduction giving program. Then designate MassKids as your charity of choice.
Donate Stocks, Securities or Through Donor Advised Funds
Make a gift of appreciated securities through electronic transfer or by donating certificates through the mail. Benefits will accrue to you, to MassKids, and best of all, to the children serve.
Gifts of Securities ~ Overview of Tax Benefits
A gift of appreciated securities held for more than one year may provide significant benefits to you as a contributor, such as:
- Entitling you to a charitable income tax deduction for the fair market value of the gifted securities as of the date of gift.
- Eliminating capital gains tax that would ordinarily become due if you had sold the appreciated securities on the open market and donated the proceeds from the sale to charity.
- Claiming your charitable deduction against a portion of your adjusted gross income. Any unused deductions can be carried forward over the next five years.
- Providing a way to help you to achieve your long-term financial objective of reducing your income and estate taxes.
If you have securities that have declined in value over the years and are interested in donating them to charity, you may find it more advantageous to sell the securities first and contribute the proceeds to charity as opposed to donating the securities outright. This strategy should allow you to claim a deduction for both the loss from the sale of the securities as well as the charitable gift.
If you are considering this option, we suggest you consult with your tax advisor.
You can donate through your donor-advised fund using DAF Direct at this link if your DAF is through Fidelity Charitable, Schwab charitable, or BNY Mellon.
If your DAF is hosted by another company, you can go to your DAF’s website and select Massachusetts Citizens for Children, Tax ID: 04-2276809. For transfer instructions or more information, contact:
or call 617-259-1767.
Shop on Amazon Smile
Shop through Amazon Smile and Amazon will donate a percentage of your purchase to MassKids! Shop from this link - http://smile.amazon.com/ch/04-2276809 to save us as your charity of choice, or go to smile.amazon.com and choose Massachusetts Citizens for Children from the list of charities.
Be a Legacy Donor Through Planned Giving
You can make a significant gift to help ensure our ongoing advocacy for our state’s most vulnerable children by including MassKids in your estate planning. One way is to make a bequest through your will or trust. By doing so, you not only leave a lasting legacy to be remembered, you also lessen the tax burden on your family and may secure estate tax savings.
How to Make a Bequest
A bequest can be made easily. With the help of an advisor, you can include language in your will or trust specifying a gift be made to Massachusetts Citizens for Children as part of your estate plan.
A bequest can be made in several ways. You can:
- Gift a specific dollar amount or asset (specific bequest)
- Gift a percentage of your estate (percentage bequest)
- Gift from the balance or residue of your estate (residual bequest)
- Make a beneficiary designation of certain assets (contingent bequest)
A bequest is generally a revocable gift, which means it can be changed or modified at any time. You can choose to designate that a bequest be used for a general or specific purpose so you have the peace of mind knowing that your gift will be used as intended. Bequests are exempt from federal estate taxes. If you have a taxable estate, the estate tax charitable deduction may offset or eliminate estate taxes, resulting in a larger inheritance for your heirs.
In order to make a bequest, you should speak with your attorney and/or tax advisor who can help you include a bequest to Massachusetts Citizens for Children in your estate plan. Click here for some basic bequest language to assist you and your attorney.
If you have included a bequest for Massachusetts Citizens for Children in your estate plan, please contact us to let us know. We would like to thank you and recognize you for your gift.
Whichever donation method you choose, you can make your gift in honor of a special person.
We will send an acknowledgement to the honoree.
Thank a Child Advocate
Make a gift to thank a special caregiver, teacher,
counselor, coach, etc. for all they do for your child or for children.
Celebrate the Birth of a Child
Give parents of a newborn a special congratulations.
We’ll send a card and also tips on how to cope with infant crying.
Honor a Loved One
Make a gift in honor of or in memory of a loved one.
Fill out this form to designate an honoree for your gift.
We are available to discuss any of these options with you.
Please call us at (617) 742-8555
Many thanks for your generosity and the commitment to children that it represents.
Massachusetts Citizens for Children (MassKids) is a 501(c)(3) organization and our tax ID number is 04-2276809.